Friday, March 18, 2011

Japan Tsunami Relief, Here is how you can help donate.

Today I was flooded with the same question from my clients "is your Aunt alright". My aunt Paula lived and taught English in Japan for twenty years, six months ago she moved back to the U.S. Paula lived eight hours south of Tokyo, in the city of Wakayama, in the region of Kansai right outside of Osaka. The seaside town she lived in is fine, minor damage but everyone in Wakayama and my Aunt are recovering from the earthquake. I love Japan, the best vacations I have every had, my love for Japanese culture started with Hello Kitty, 80's pop groups and the exotic allure of Tokyo. Urban Buddha will do everything possible to help, so today when I hear about Cost Plus World Market promotion for Japan relief I could not wait to help out and spread the news. "Cost Plus World Market will donate 100% of its net proceeds of sales of all products produced in Japan to Direct Relief International, to aid in the relief and humanitarian efforts currently underway in response to the country's recent earthquake and tsunami. Beginning March 23 through the end of September 2011, customers can shop and know that all net proceeds from the sale of popular Japanese food and beverage brands, including Pocky, Meiji, Kikkoman, Ramune, Sapporo, and Kirin will go toward aiding victims of this tragedy". Bravo World Market !!
Links to follow.
www.worldmarket.com
www.directrelief.org

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I was not aware of this. I will make sure I get my Japanese products here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she's worried about friends and friends of friends. :(

    ReplyDelete